Help!

January 25th, 2007

help logoWhile I still have a few shows in the works, I am starting to run dangerously low on ideas for the show. So, I’m asking you all what you would like to see future shows on. You can send show ideas to kent ]at[ 2minutetricks dot com or just leave a comment on this post below. Help make this show what you want it to be!
-Kent

Entry Filed under: Podcast

53 Comments Add your own

• 1. TiKo  |  January 25th, 2007 at 1:19 pm

(Sorry for my english. I am from Spain ^^) Can you show how to work with colours? I mean…(I don’t find the words xD) ..filters, configurations of the colour,…, to “enhance” the colour, to see a more beautiful color. One example can be the video about blue sky. Well, so this but with all the photo’s colour. Do you understand me?…….Sorry for my engliiiiiiiiiiiish!! Buaaaa Bua Buaaa…!! xDD Byeeee!!

• 2. John  |  January 26th, 2007 at 5:23 pm

If you want to know what to do about future shows you can think about video. DEPTH OF FIELD Thanks

• 3. Michael  |  January 28th, 2007 at 4:07 am

Second vote for a video on Depth of Field, and also videos of previous guides please

• 4. sowero  |  January 29th, 2007 at 2:17 am

Yep!more videos pls,Depth of Field also !!!! by the way great work (idea) with this 2mt !!

best regards

• 5. moonball  |  January 29th, 2007 at 1:55 pm

• how to correct overexposed photos
    • how to correct dark photos
    • how to extract objects (with difficult backgrounds – i.e. cars, objects, buildings in the backgound and you need to remove/extract a person)

Thanks!

• 6. Michael  |  January 30th, 2007 at 12:44 pm

Second vote for video on extract objects please.

• 7. Ross  |  January 30th, 2007 at 7:46 pm

As well as those items enclosed in the comments above, I would be interested in the effects of filters. Most of us will use Gaussian blur many times a day and occasionally one other, but what are the uses of the others. And that’s just one filter!

Keep up your excellent work. And, despite the extra effort required, we all look forward to the video netcasts (I’m also a Leo Laporte fan)

Again, Thands

• 8. sowero  |  January 31st, 2007 at 2:26 am

Third vote for video on extract objects! ;-D

thx

Pozdrawiam ( in polish) ;-)

• 9. smartipants  |  February 4th, 2007 at 5:27 pm

An updated video on the extract tool gets my vote, too. Especially complex backgrounds and how to fix where it messes up the job by cloning back in from the original image. I’ve been fighting with this tool for years! Thanks for your great videos. :o)

• 10. eugenia  |  February 5th, 2007 at 12:46 am

Thanks for all of your hard work btw!

I would love to learn more about how to use curves and selective coloring to improve photos. Also, giving skin better glow.

• 11. Naomi  |  February 6th, 2007 at 7:57 am

You’ve done a lot for Holgafying, why not Lomofying a picture? Lomo camera effects aren’t much more difficult than Holga effects.

• 12. ben  |  February 7th, 2007 at 4:41 am

Thanks for these lessons.

How about guides to all the less commonly used tools lin photoshop?

eg. Healing brush tool Magic eraser tool Extract tool Histogram explained.

Oh and a really good guide to Curves would be very handy!

Cheers Ben

• 13. V. J. Spindler III  |  February 14th, 2007 at 9:32 pm

What about the illustration style of the videos used in the Charles Schwab ads the past coiple of months. That would be great!

• 14. Nigel Dalton  |  February 16th, 2007 at 2:29 am

What about a 1 – 10 guide of best workflow practice within photoshop?

• 15. notaclone  |  February 18th, 2007 at 10:53 am

Good Scanning practices: backing thin paper with black; descreening, sharpening, how to use white, neutral, and black point and adjusting the levels to correct the color in an image.

• 16. hyeberty  |  February 21st, 2007 at 2:05 pm

Shortcut keys/functions in photoshop, explain how to make custom tools or gradients. Perhaps details on individual tools or things that we don’t know about them.

• 17. Leah  |  February 23rd, 2007 at 1:06 am

I am a new reader. I am so excited to find 2MPT…I am hooked and am learning so much. THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU!

I’d love to learn more on working with LEVELS and CURVES for photographs.

• 18. Leah  |  February 23rd, 2007 at 1:16 am

Me again.

I’d LOVE to see instructions on creating STORYBOARDS & creating VIGNETTES for photos!

• 19. DanTheMan  |  February 23rd, 2007 at 4:14 am

What about Video on Photo retouching especialy from old picture. Scratch removal, faded sharpness and tone, grainy to smooth…

Thank You!

• 20. Dave  |  February 24th, 2007 at 8:22 am

Love your site and tutorials.

Would love to know how to EMBOSS one image into another.

Example: Take a beautiful image of a slab of old wood and emboss a b&w line drawing into it as if it had been carved into the wood. This would be useful for creating elegant web page menus, making metal or wood objects in photos more interesting, etc.

• 21. Douglas  |  March 1st, 2007 at 4:21 pm

Keep up the good work

• 22. PROD!-G  |  March 5th, 2007 at 9:02 pm

hey what’s up…I was looking at you help vids and I have to say they realy help me out…but I was woundering if you could help me out with this text effect I am trying to do…whare you take a text and make it look real you know?…and add soms shadow make it look wet like it came from off of a white or black background do you know what I am trying to say…thanks a lot….PROD!-G

• 23. Tim  |  March 7th, 2007 at 11:28 am

I would love to see some good HDR examples, both landscape and potrait.

Thanks!

• 24. Kate  |  March 10th, 2007 at 7:44 pm

Great resource, thank you!

Your favorite ways to select objects

Masking tips.

And the videos are wonderful! More of those please. Thanks!

• 25. Dario  |  March 19th, 2007 at 11:36 pm

how to work with raw files would be good for me, also a note on DNG format.

Thanks!

• 26. Lenny  |  March 20th, 2007 at 7:45 pm

Shape Filters – You can explain how to use Shape Filters and what the icons have to do creating a blurred photo.

• 27. Shane  |  March 22nd, 2007 at 6:12 pm

I was wondering if you might be able to do a series on something web-specific like making creative banners or backgrounds or something along those lines?

• 28. Kathie  |  March 30th, 2007 at 7:51 am

With all the popularity of using PS for digital scrapbooking, I would love to see a lesson on how to make some of the digi objects used–scanning in or photographing and using a 3D object on a page for a realistic effect. (Such as flowers, leaves, paper clips, staples, etc.) Making a “sticker” look like it is covered in epoxy…that sort of thing.

LOVE all the time and effort you have put into sharing with us!

• 29. Patrick  |  March 30th, 2007 at 8:45 pm

I would like to know how to post-process like this guy does on his website… http://www.joeyl.com/tutorial.html

• 30. eric  |  March 31st, 2007 at 2:42 pm

just look at lynda.com and there should be lots of ideas.

I personaly would like more about portrait retouching. maybe how to make a gray-and-color board with correct colors( red, green, blue and perfect grey) to fix pictures. one big vidoe on the blending modes, but with different colors and grayscales that blend into each other.

just go to the planetphotoshop.com site, look at the videos and make some, that we can download.

please nothing that is for free at the other must have sites: russel brown, radiant vista, revision3.com pixelperfect, stuartlittle site, photoshopkillertips.com, photowalkthrough.com and some more…

I would LOVE A VIDEO ON COMIC COLORING THE CORRECT WAY. (not burt monroys way)

like I said, just look at the lynda.com site. PLENTY tips for videos there!!!

thanks for making the videos.

greetings from germany!!!

• 31. e gillem  |  April 6th, 2007 at 7:15 am

I have a couple requests: how to snap or merge two photos together. I know that’s not the correct term. I’m talking about where it looks for a common object and brings two photos together so they get a somewhat panoramic view. Also: how do I gradient/fade a photo into a clear background, without adding a gradient color to it? I just want an edge to fade to either clear or whatever color I’ve got in the background without affecting or adding a color to the photo. Thank you!!

• 32. Paul Iddon  |  April 22nd, 2007 at 11:42 am

HOLGA

How to make a holga effect in a video because I found the text hard to follow

• 33. Oz  |  April 25th, 2007 at 2:28 pm

Here’s an idea….how about some fun stuff…like changing out heads or faces with poeple…adding in people to your photo’s like actors and stuff, ya know and making it look like there really there. And Is there a way to do 3d text effects in photoshop just by itself? or do I need an add on or something….

• 34. Linda Kuehn  |  May 24th, 2007 at 9:37 am

I would like to see professional looking mats like quickmats3 by John Hartman

• 35. Linda Kuehn  |  May 24th, 2007 at 9:38 am

I would like to see professional looking mats like quickmats3 by John Hartman, also some fun fire flames coming from hockey sticks, bats, and golf clubs.

• 36. Paul  |  June 3rd, 2007 at 8:59 am

How about grain emulation of films like tri-x and color saturation of films like kodachrome ectachrome agfachrome etc.

• 37. richard Swearinger  |  June 11th, 2007 at 6:02 am

Love the site…. I would like to see a video on how to give images a razor-sharp look. Sometimes I want a nice soft dreamy image, sometimes regular sharpening is nice, but there are certain subjects that would be very arresting if they were super sharp (without halos or weird sharpening artifacts). Thanks

• 38. CeCe  |  June 12th, 2007 at 5:00 pm

How to make frames on Adobe Photshop 7?

• 39. CeCe  |  June 12th, 2007 at 5:00 pm

How to make frames on Adobe Photshop 7?

• 40. R-Tillery  |  June 15th, 2007 at 5:16 am

Maybe more ways to make movie text like, Lord of the rings, or something to that FX.

• 41. Marcio Melo  |  July 1st, 2007 at 9:36 am

Yes, definitely, more videos would be nice. Tricks on how to use Levels and Curves, would be very nice. Good Work! Thanks.

• 42. T1slc  |  July 16th, 2007 at 11:56 am

Color replacement. While this is a relatively (at first look) easy task, I’m having a hard time understanding how the colors are being replaced. The color sample for the replacement color is not the color that shows up in the finished image. How do you get closer to the result color?

• 43. Rosy  |  September 6th, 2007 at 4:08 pm

Your lessons are great, thank you so much for them!

I was wondering if you could do a podcast to show us how to make people in photos look a little thinner, but still have it look natural. I was trying to do just the face, but also trying to minimize a double-chin in some wedding photos and just can’t get it to work. It is a vain request, but would be very helpful! :-)

• 44. Jacob  |  September 22nd, 2007 at 4:00 pm

have you ever seen those pictures of someone jumping or a skateboarder going off a ramp, and it show the “jumper” in the air multiple times. Like from where he starts, when he’s in the middle of the air, and when he lands… Could you show how to do this. Thank you.

• 45. victoria fallon  |  October 23rd, 2007 at 6:41 pm

do you have any tricks up your sleeve that include creating neon trails?

• 46. Kelly Brown  |  November 1st, 2007 at 4:54 pm

How about vectors?

• 47. Alonso  |  February 3rd, 2008 at 5:17 pm

May I suggest podcasts linking Camera Raw and Lightroom with Photoshop CS3? Thanks.

• 48. skaneateles  |  February 24th, 2008 at 6:07 am

HELP with night phototography!!!!!

• 49. Neil Cowley  |  September 3rd, 2008 at 12:30 pm

I’d be glad to serve up some of my photoshop tricks, or lighting tricks in a poddable video…

• 50. art h  |  March 15th, 2009 at 6:19 pm

How about something on masking. From start to finish.

• 51. art h  |  March 15th, 2009 at 6:28 pm

I would like to see some of the following.

1. instructions on creating storyboards for photos!
    2. Instructions on putting two pictures together
    3. How to create brushes from start to finish
    4. How to work with layers and combine layers from different photos into one photo
    5. The process for changing eye color in photos and then making the photo one layer.
  • 52. Kirsten  |  September 22nd, 2009 at 6:39 pm

I’ve got a white sky that I want to make a light blue.. how do I do that?

• 53. David Cantu  |  November 5th, 2009 at 11:24 pm

I’m new to your site but I really like it. Forgive me if you have touched these subjects recently but I’d be interested in learning composting, layer and masking techniques that are typically used in wedding albums or sports collages. Great site!