2MPT #36 Video – Perspective Text Shadows

July 26th, 2006

show 36 video iconThe video version of our show on how to create a text shadow complete with fades, blurs, and perspective.

This trick include tips on:

• Text tools
  • Gradients
  • Layer effects
  • Layer transformations

Note: If you are downloading directly from the web page click here to download. The video version of the show requires Quicktime 7 to play. You can download a free copy of Quicktime 7 here.

Entry Filed under: Podcast,Video

10 Comments Add your own

• 1. FreeNow  |  August 16th, 2006 at 2:05 pm

Under Filter > Render, I can access lens flare, but not lighting effects.

• 2. TV Pruf  |  August 30th, 2006 at 2:37 pm

Under Filter > Render, I can not acess lens flare nor lighting effects. They show but not black. I am usinc v. 7 on a Windows Xp machine.

• 3. David Girson  |  September 8th, 2006 at 4:18 am

Very good, enjoyed the mirrored text pod. As somewhere between a beginner and intermediate user, I could follow and understand Ken’s instruction. It would also be nice to have a text instruction sheet for this lesson. Thanks

• 4. Michael  |  November 11th, 2006 at 7:43 am

Hi!

Thanks for the video of doing a shadow of the text. It was very useful. I´m coming back and looking for more great stuff-

Michael from Sweden

• 5. David  |  November 23rd, 2006 at 8:38 pm

Really enjoyed this. I believe you did one quick step at the end without commenting on it. I couldn’t use lighting effects like you did after render to get the same backlighting effect. Then I realized your merged the visible layers just before the last render filter was applied. After I merged the layers, I got the same lighting effect that you did.

• 6. vishesh  |  December 18th, 2006 at 4:44 am

it was a very nice show for all the lovers of art………………. was delighted to watch this show

• 7. direct  |  January 25th, 2007 at 4:33 pm

I like your website; I will share this with friends

• 8. Costin | blogu’ meu&hellip  |  April 4th, 2007 at 7:29 am

[...] Va recomand urmatoarele tutoriale: Vartej Reflexie text Efect de “jupuire” Efect hartie impaturita Background pattern Webdesign KIT – foarte misto Webdesign KIT 2- foarte misto [...]

• 9. matan  |  February 19th, 2008 at 3:22 am

nice and easy tutorial. TNX

• 10. Bob Dale  |  May 21st, 2008 at 8:58 pm

Nice job on the drop shadow; just the right amount to give it depth and perspective.